Sober coaching can effectively be an alternative to traditional treatment centers or used to supplement the treatment center experience.
Sober coaching is very diverse in terms of what is involved. Each individual will have their own complications, and areas of concern that need to be addressed. Some people need help developing a good diet, and exercise plan, while others focus will be entering the work force.
On top of the counselling, here are some common pursuits that Sober Coaching clients will engage in:
- Introduction to AA: Finding meetings, getting a home group, getting a service position, being introduced to the twelve steps (only if desired)
- Building a recovery support network of peers
- Resume writing, and job search
- Bio-psycho-social-spiritual education
- Exercise plan
- Set up extra-curricular activities (Sports, book clubs, volunteer work.)
- Help getting ID’s or Driver’s license
- Developing sustainable, healthy hobbies
Sober coaching is done on a hr/week basis. The amount of time, and services an individual requires will be discussed in a collaborative way between all involved parties to ensure the best plan moving forward.